We’ve all built a ton of WordPress sites. We’ve also managed them all too. You’ve probably heard about WordPress Multisite Networks, and all the awesome things it can (and can’t) allow you to do.
With great power, comes great responsibility. During this talk, Taylor will step through the do’s and don’ts of Multisite Networks. He will share how WordPress Multisite can be your best friend or worst enemy… but usually both… at the same time.
Expect pro-tips, eureka moments, and hard lessons learned from his experience setting up and running multisite networks for small private company intranets, all the way to global enterprise brands.
By the end of this talk you will know the pros and cons of WordPress Multisite Networks, best practices for setting up and running a multisite, and know about alternatives if multisite isn’t a fit for your next project.
Some great Multisite Links & Resources
- wpmudev: The Ultimate Guide to WordPress Multisite– Possibly the best Multisite guide on the web today
- Domain “Mapping” – WordPress multisite domain mapping for the modern era.
- WP Multi Network – A network of networks!
- HyperDB – Shard your massive multisite network!
- Jeremy Felt – LoopConf 2015 Presentation on multisite networks by MS core dev!
You can see a recorded version of this talk that I gave at WordCamp Boston in July 2015, on WordPress.TV
Taylor McCaslin: Best Friend or Worst Enemy – Multisite Do’s and Don’ts