About Indeed Apply

Indeed Apply is the way Indeed, the world’s leading search engine for jobs, accepts applications from job seekers across the globe.

With Indeed Apply, candidates on your website can easily apply to jobs from any device, including mobile, using a simple and user-friendly form.

 

• It’s completely free and easy to set-up
• Millions of job seekers use Indeed Apply
• Indeed Apply works on desktop and mobile devices
• Provides best experience for job seekers and employers alike
• Your email addressed is never exposed to job seekers or bots
• Requires no change to your hiring process

The Idea

At Indeed we help people get jobs. We help 140 million people find jobs monthly on our website. While 72% of job seekers use indeed to find jobs, what about that remaining 28% of job seekers? This got us thinking about how we could continue helping people get jobs, even when they are not on our website.

 

Indeed Apply allows jobseekers to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. 45% of job search traffic comes from mobile devices and tablets, but people generally can’t apply from these devices to the jobs they find. With Indeed Apply candidates can apply directly from their iPhone, iPad, Android or Windows mobile device. Job seekers with Indeed Resumes can quickly apply to jobs rather than filling out lengthy forms with information they’ve already supplied in their Indeed Resumes.

 

Late in 2013 I redesigned a few of our Employer Blogs and launched them in more countries using WordPress. I quickly realized I could create a WordPress shortcode plugin to allow WordPress users to enable the Indeed Apply functionality in a way that didn’t require them to touch a line of code. As I dug into the opportunity I became excited with WordPress usage statistics specifically for job postings. The top two job posting plugins on WordPress have a total of nearly 100,000 downloads. It was clear this was an opportunity to extend Indeed’s reach further outside of just indeed.com.

Building It

Over the course of one week, working in spare time, I was able to create a simple OOP PHP plugin implementing the Indeed Apply API functionality into a simple WordPress shortcode. Here’s what the basic usage looks like:
[indeed-apply jobtitle="Interaction Designer" emailapplicationto="apply@yourdomain.com"]
And here’s the actual Indeed Apply button that shortcode generates:

 

Plugin Usage

In the first 7 months, the plugin has been downloaded 300+ times on the WordPress Plugin Repo, and has been successfully configured on 150+ unique domains. It has submitted 13,000+ job applications, and 50,000+ impressions of the Indeed Apply Button directly on Third Party websites. Websites that use the Indeed Apply Plugin automatically have their jobs syndicated on Indeed.com’s job search website where 140+ million jobseekers find jobs every month.

 

Plugin Screenshots

Close
Go top